Our barristers regularly act in the prosecution and defence of claims involving allegations of various forms of civil fraud. Our work ranges from providing initial legal and strategic advice, obtaining urgent disclosure, freezing and search orders, through to the subsequent following and tracing of assets in aid of enforcement.
We act in complex claims involving allegations of fraud and dishonesty, representing clients operating in a variety of business sectors and commercial environments, both domestically and internationally. The group comprises a broad cross-section of experience to suit the needs of any given case.
Our civil fraud work includes:
- Deceit, fraud, bribes and conspiracy.
- Fiduciaries and breach of trust, and claims against directors and employees.
- Dishonest assistance and accessory liability.
- Joint ventures and other corporate investment vehicles, including property development frauds.
- Ponzi and pyramid schemes and all investment fraud.
- Freezing injunctions, search orders and disclosure applications.
- Tracing and following assets.
- Enforcement of judgments against fraudsters.
Members of the group regularly lecture and train on a variety of topics within civil fraud both as part of our internal and online seminar programmes and at our clients’ offices. We welcome the opportunity to create tailored training and events for existing and prospective clients alike. If you would like to discuss bespoke training options, please contact David Portch, our Senior Clerk.
Our senior barristers are among the most experienced in the UK and edit some of the leading specialist publications. Our hand-picked junior members deal with matters involving commercial law on a daily basis. This range of experience enables us to provide clients with a service that is both expert and cost-effective.
To view profiles of our team members, including their individual areas of expertise, please click on the profiles below.
For all enquires please contact our senior clerk, David Portch, and his team at