- Called: 2019
Scarlet is currently a second six pupil accepting instructions in both the Commercial and Property divisions.
Under the supervision of Roger Laville (Commercial Team), Gita Chakravarty (Commercial Team) and Jane Hodgson (Property Team), Scarlet has gained experience across all of Chambers’ practice areas. Cases that Scarlet has assisted her supervisors with include:
- Residential landlord and tenant matters including possession, injunctions (with and without notice), committals, disrepair, and succession.
- Breach of contract and contractual interpretation.
- Company disputes including the rights and obligations of both directors and shareholders.
- Assignment of debt and other choses in action.
- Corporate and personal insolvency, acting for creditors, debtors, companies, and office holders.
Prior to commencing pupillage, Scarlet worked at the Infected Blood Inquiry specialising in public law and for a legal start-up advising on SEIS/EIS tax relief.
Scarlet graduated from the University of Southampton with First Class Honours before completing the GDL (Distinction) and BPTC LLM (Very Competent/Distinction). Whilst studying, Scarlet volunteered at the National Centre for Domestic Violence drafting witness statements for emergency injunctions and at The University of Law Legal Advice Clinic appearing for those facing deportation.
- Diplock Scholarship (Middle Temple)
- Blackstone Entrance Exhibition Award (Middle Temple)
- Five Paper Buildings Examination-in-Chief Prize for Highest Mark (The University of Law)