Our members have wide experience acting predominantly for lenders who provide personal, business and corporate banking services. We have acted for all the major clearing banks, as well as building societies and many specialised and private lenders, and we have particular expertise in invoice discounting, factoring and asset-based lending.
We are entirely familiar with the legal and regulatory framework within which our clients operate. We also pride ourselves in a thorough understanding of the commercial imperatives which drive their businesses. In a sector where risk and uncertainty must always be costed, we seek to provide firm, clear advice which underpins the client’s decision-making process.
Our banking and finance work includes:
- The banker/customer relationship, banking confidentiality, account operation and bank payments.
- Fraud by customers and third parties, including the regulatory, proceeds of crime and money laundering issues.
- Personal and corporate guarantees including undue influence, duress and misrepresentation.
- Invoice discounting, factoring and asset-based finance.
- Leasing, sale and leaseback, consumer hire, hire purchase and asset finance, including car and plant finance.
- Breach of mandate and mistaken payments.
- Consumer credit and financial services regulation, including unfair relationships.
- Investment and financial product mis-selling.
- Customer insolvency on the banking relationship.
- Debt and asset recovery.
- Mortgage and security disputes, including the family home.
- Priority of mortgages and charges and mortgage subrogation.
- Credit references and reporting to credit reference agencies.
- Professional negligence by solicitors, valuers and others.
- Regulatory investigations.
- Third-party claims against the customer’s account, such as freezing orders and third-party debt orders.
- Complaints handling and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Syndicated lending and security trustees.
We present seminars for professional and lender clients as part of our internal seminar programme and at our clients’ offices. We are happy to create tailored training events for existing and prospective clients. If you would like to discuss bespoke training options, please contact David Portch, our Senior Clerk.
Our senior barristers are among the most experienced in the UK and edit some of the leading specialist publications. Our hand-picked junior members deal with matters involving commercial law on a daily basis. This range of experience enables us to provide clients with a service that is both expert and cost-effective.
To view profiles of our team members, including their individual areas of expertise, please click on the profiles below.
For all enquires please contact our senior clerk, David Portch, and his team at