- Called: 2015
Ololade joined Five Paper in October 2018 upon the successful completion of his pupillage. He is a member of both the Commercial and Property teams.
Prior to commencing pupillage, Ololade obtained considerable advocacy experience. In just 10 months, he appeared in over 350 general civil and enforcement hearings in the County Courts as a solicitors’ agent.
Before joining Chambers, Ololade worked in a tier 1 ranked specialist litigation team at Pinsent Masons LLP. During this time, Ololade enhanced his technical abilities by both assisting partners on headline-making, multimillion-pound disputes and advising offshore trust companies on compliance with international automatic exchange of information regimes. For example, Ololade assisted (as a paralegal) in the appeal to the Supreme Court in UBS AG v Revenue and Customs Commissioners  UKSC 13;  1 W.L.R. 1005.
Ololade has also gained experience in defending and, when required, negotiating sensible settlements in employers’, public and product liability claims made against multinational businesses insured by a leading global general insurer.
Banking and Finance
Ololade enjoys a growing banking and finance practice and accepts all appropriate instructions in this area. He has recently been instructed in relation to:
• Payment services disputes (including claims with an element of fraud).
• Enforcement of guarantees and indemnities.
• Consumer credit and return of goods claims.
• Asset finance / finance leasing.
• Wrongful interference with goods / conversion.
Commercial Dispute Resolution
Ololade has experience in general commercial litigation. He accepts instructions relating to:
• Breach of contract and the interpretation of contracts.
• Sale of goods and supply of goods and services.
• Debt claims.
• Charging orders.
Restructuring/Insolvency (Corporate and Personal)
Ololade accepts all appropriate instructions in this area. His experience includes:
• Winding up and bankruptcy petitions.
• Bankruptcy annulments.
• Advising in disputes relating to preferences and transactions at an undervalue.
• Advising in applications for declarations and an order for possession and sale.
Company and Partnership
Ololade has a developing practice in company law and partnership, and accepts instructions relating to:
• Directors’ duties.
• Shareholder disputes.
• Unfair prejudice petitions.
• Derivative actions.
• Partnership disputes.
Real Estate Litigation
Ololade’s experience in property includes:
• Possession proceedings, including possessions by LPA Receivers and against private and social housing tenants, mortgagors, and trespassers.
• Stays of warrants and writs.
• Setting aside of possession orders.
• Anti-social behaviour injunctions, including attaching powers of arrest.
• Committal proceedings for breach of injunction.
Ololade has an interest in developing the commercial elements of his property practice and accepts all appropriate instructions in this area.
- Acted for a major high street bank in successfully resisting an application for a mandatory injunction and obtaining indemnity costs in the High Court. The case involved a foreign exchange transaction, where an importer of goods based in Africa, who believed it was paying invoices from its European supplier, was fraudulently induced into paying money into an account held with the bank.
- Acted for a large local authority in the County Court in a claim brought against it by one of its external care services providers for unpaid invoices. Successfully obtained an order setting aside a default judgment of over £100,000.
- Represented a finance house in the County Court in a claim to enforce a personal guarantee and indemnity given by a director of a restaurant business to secure an asset finance agreement. Successfully applied to strike out the director’s defence, obtained summary judgment and indemnity costs.
- Represented the UK subsidiary of a US biopharmaceutical company in the County Court in a fast track trial against an international accountancy firm. The primary issue in the case was whether the parties had entered into a binding contract for services or were still in pre-contractual negotiations.
- Acted for a major high street bank in a small claim brought by a retail customer who had been the victim of a crypto currency investment telephone fraud. The customer claimed £7,000. Succeeded in reducing judgment to just under £70 with no order as to costs.
- Represented one of the UK’s largest estate agencies in a County Court small claim. Successfully obtained judgment together with unreasonableness costs against one of the agency’s landlords who had attempted to evade the payment of contractual commissions.
- Acted for a major high street bank in a small claim brought by a high net worth customer to challenge the bank’s refusal to grant a mortgage. Successfully resisted an application by the customer for relief from sanctions, resulting in the claim being struck out, obtained a declaration that the claim was totally without merit and unreasonableness costs on the indemnity basis.
- Appeared in the High Court in relation to various winding up and bankruptcy petitions.
- Appeared in the High Court in applications to stay various writs of execution.
- Acted for a private purchaser in a claim brought by a bank for the return of a motor vehicle worth over £100,000 in circumstances where the bank had bailed the vehicle to its customer under a conditional sale agreement and, in breach thereof, the customer had sold the vehicle to the purchaser.
- BPTC, Very Competent (“Outstanding” in, amongst others, Civil Litigation, Evidence and Remedies), University of Law, Birmingham, 2015
- LLB (Hons) (Law with Business Studies), University of Birmingham, 2012
- BPTC Award, University of Law, 2014
- HH Paul Clark Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2014
- Accenture Strategy Prize (Business), University of Birmingham, 2012
- Birmingham Scholarship, University of Birmingham, 2012
Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR)