Five Paper has a market-leading team of barristers specialising in social housing matters. The team is regularly involved in ground-breaking cases which help define this varied and legislatively complex area of law. In addition our busy junior team members appear frequently in every-day social housing matters instructed directly by local authorities and housing associations or by firms of solicitors who are themselves regarded as leaders in their field.
Members of the team appear in the tribunals, County Court, Magistrates Court, High Court, Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court. Whatever the level of the matter the team is instructed in, we provide detailed high quality advice and outstanding customer service. 10 members of the team are ranked as leading individuals by Chambers and Partners, one member is panel counsel for the Equality and Human Rights Commission and 2 members are fee-paid judges of the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber).
The team are available to be instructed in cases across the whole spectrum of social housing, including:
- Possession claims based on rent arrears, antisocial behaviour and failed succession
- Squatters and trespassers
- Antisocial behaviour injunctions
- Access injunctions
- Environmental Protection Act 1990 proceedings
- Homelessness and Allocations
- Policy and Strategy advice (allocations schemes, temporary accommodation procurement and allocation policies etc.)
- Claims involving an alleged breach of human rights or the Equality Act 2010
Five Paper’s Property Team includes specialists at all levels. Several of our senior barristers are leaders in the field and we are well-regarded for the calibre of our juniors. This spread of experience enables us to provide you with a service that is both expert and cost-effective.
To view profiles of Property Team members, including their individual areas of expertise, please click on the profiles below.
For all enquires please contact our Senior Clerk, David Portch, and his team at