Fraus omnia corrumpit: fraud unravels all. An allegation of fraud can have a huge impact on the direction a dispute takes, the relief potentially available to the claimant and the parties’ prospects of success. This seminar, presented by Roger Laville and Zachary Kell, explores:
– the key causes of action in fraud claims, such as deceit, conspiracy and fraudulent misrepresentation and the personal and proprietary remedies which might be awarded;
– the benefits of relying on fraud in appropriate cases, including widening the pool of potential defendants;
– obligations to report fraud (under POCA and various professional rules);
– the rules about pleading fraud and dishonesty and proving fraud at trial;
– the effect of fraud allegations where defendants are insured; and
– fraud claims and limitation.
The seminar will take place here in Chambers on Thursday, July 12, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM. The seminar itself will last one hour and is illustrated with a case study which will take around 10 to 15 minutes. It will be followed by a drinks reception with members of the Commerical Team.
Please click here to register your place.