- Called: 2015
Ololade joined Five Paper in October 2018 upon the successful completion of his pupillage. His practice areas are Commercial and Property.
Prior to commencing pupillage, Ololade obtained considerable advocacy experience. In just 10 months, he appeared in over 350 general civil and enforcement hearings in the County Courts as a solicitors’ agent.
Ololade has worked in a tier 1 ranked litigation team of an international commercial law firm. During this time, Ololade enhanced his technical abilities by both assisting partners on headline-making, multimillion-pound disputes and advising offshore trust companies on compliance with international automatic exchange of information regimes.
Ololade has also gained experience in defending and, when required, negotiating sensible settlements in claims made against multinational businesses insured by a leading global general insurer.
Ololade has experience in general commercial litigation. He accepts instructions relating to:
- Breach of contract and the interpretation of contracts.
- Sale of goods and supply of goods and services.
- Consumer credit and return of goods claims.
- Wrongful interference with goods.
- Charging orders.
- Debt claims.
Ololade has an interest in further developing his insolvency practice and accepts all appropriate instructions in this area. His experience includes:
- Winding up and bankruptcy petitions.
- Bankruptcy annulments.
- Advices in disputes relating to preferences and transactions at an undervalue.
- Advices in applications for declarations and an order for possession and sale.
Company and Partnership
Ololade has an interest in developing his company law and partnership practice, and accepts instructions relating to:
- Directors’ duties.
- Shareholder disputes.
- Unfair prejudice petitions.
- Derivative actions.
- Partnership disputes.
Property and Housing
Ololade’s experience in property and housing law includes:
- Possession proceedings, including possessions by LPA Receivers and against private and social housing tenants, mortgagors, and trespassers.
- Warrant suspensions.
- Setting aside of possession orders.
- Anti-social behaviour injunctions, including attaching powers of arrest.
- Committal proceedings for breach of injunction.
- Gas safety injunctions.
Ololade has an interest in developing the commercial elements of his property practice and accepts all appropriate instructions in this area.
Ololade’s recent instructions have included:
- Appearing before Masters of the Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court in applications to stay the execution of writs of control.
- Appearing in the Chancery Division of the High Court in relation to various winding up petitions.
- Acting for a private purchaser in a claim brought by a bank for the return of a motor vehicle in circumstances where the bank had bailed the vehicle to its customer under a conditional sale agreement and, in breach thereof, the customer had sold the vehicle to the purchaser.
- Advising on the use of and how to resist enforcement action pursuant to the Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery procedure.
- Acting for a Deputy in recovering possession of a property let under an oral tenancy between a mother, who subsequently lost mental capacity, and her daughter.
- Drafting pleadings in a claim for possession which raised issues under the Equality Act 2010.
- Drafting pleadings and advising on quantum in claims for possession giving rise to disrepair issues.
BPTC, Very Competent (“Outstanding” in, amongst others, Civil Litigation, Evidence and Remedies), University of Law, Birmingham, 2015
LLB (Hons) (Law with Business Studies), University of Birmingham, 2012
BPTC Award, University of Law, 2014
HH Paul Clark Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2014
Accenture Strategy Prize (Business), University of Birmingham, 2012
Birmingham Scholarship, University of Birmingham, 2012
Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR)