Salary: £competitive, plus benefits
Five Paper is recruiting a Junior Clerk, to assist the clerking team. Previous experience of working in a Chambers is not a requirement.
We are a modern, specialist set of Barristers’ Chambers based in Temple. Our core practice areas are split between two divisions, Commercial and Property. The Commercial division includes, Insolvency and Company, Banking and Finance, Civil Fraud, Business Immigration and Regulatory and Employment. The Property division consists of, Social Housing, Landlord and Tenant, Real Property, Public Law and Family, Inheritance and Trusts.
Chambers are now recruiting an ambitious and forward-thinking individual, who can work well under pressure, keen to learn and develop their career as a barrister’s clerk, to complement its dynamic team.
The overall function of this role is to efficiently assist the Senior Clerk, and other members of the clerking team and staff, to manage Chambers, and the practices of all members, whilst providing an excellent service to clients by maintaining Chambers’ extremely high standards.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering and collecting barristers’ papers to and from court and other associated materials such as files of case reports, orders or skeleton arguments etc.
- Entering and processing instructions and briefs received, whether via DX, post, e-mail, telephone or in-person, as and when required, but at least daily.
- Assisting the more senior clerks with tasks, as required, including answering the telephone and updating LEX records.
- Monitoring the clerks room inbox for e-mails received and distributing/dealing accordingly.
- Liaising with the High Court, County Court, and other relevant courts or tribunals, regarding hearing dates, listings or requesting further information.
- Assisting with compiling bundles of authorities, at the instructions of a Member of Chambers directly, or via the Senior Clerk and/or other members of the clerking team.
- Assisting the Facilities Administrator, as required.
To apply for this position, or if you would like further information regarding this vacancy, please forward a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, along with your CV, or query, to our Senior Clerk, David Portch. (email@example.com)
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday, 28 June 2023.