- Called: 2014
Sahana is currently in Dubai as a Pegasus Scholar until December 2018. Her time will be split between a secondment to Al Tamimi & Co in the firm’s DIFC litigation team and working in the DIFC Courts.
Sahana has been a member of Five Paper since April 2017 following the successful completion of a third six pupillage. She is a member of both the Property and Commercial teams and is qualified to accept instructions on a public access basis.
In January 2017, Sahana was seconded as in-house counsel to a specialist commercial and insolvency firm of solicitors.
Prior to joining Five Paper, Sahana completed her pupillage at a London chambers specialising in commercial, civil and aviation law. She has also worked as a paralegal and spent time in Paris as a stagière in the International Arbitration department of an international law firm, assisting with legal research, translation and drafting pleadings in a multibillion-euro construction arbitration.
Property and Housing
Sahana regularly appears for landlords and tenants in possession claims relating to mortgage arrears, rent arrears, anti-social behaviour, disrepair, succession and loss of security of tenure. She is also familiar with:
- Anti-social behaviour injunctions and committal proceedings.
- Equality Act 2010 defences.
- Proportionality and public law defences.
- Unlawful eviction and excluded tenancies under the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.
- Claims for forfeiture and applications for relief in both the High Court and County Court.
- Leasehold disputes involving claims for unpaid service charges and disrepair.
- Lease extensions under LRHUDA 1993.
Commercial and Insolvency
Sahana has experience of a range of commercial and insolvency matters, including:
- Interim procedural applications in the County Court and the Senior Courts Costs Office.
- Charging orders.
- Winding-up petitions in the Companies Court, acting for both petitioning creditors and companies.
- Small-claims trials of contractual disputes.
- Drafting statutory demands, bankruptcy petitions, creditors’ winding up petitions and demand letters in debt recovery claims.
- Factoring agreements.
- Advice to liquidators regarding the recovery of company assets from the police.
BPTC, BPP Law School, 2014.
BA Jurisprudence (Law with Law Studies in Europe) Christ Church, University of Oxford, 2012.
Certificat Supérieur de Droit Français et Européen, Université Paris II (Panthéon-Assas), 2011.
Sahana is an accredited commercial and civil mediator, having completed training with the ADR Group in June 2014.
Pegasus Trust Scholarship, 2018.
Norman Tapp Memorial Prize for Excellence in Mooting, Gray’s Inn, 2014.
Gray’s Inn Internship Award, 2014.
Contributor to the book “Studies in European Construction Law” published by the European Society of Construction Law, 2015.
Elementary Spanish, Hindi and Kannada.