- Called: 2006
"A consummate lawyer who acts for the benefit of the client at all times"
Chambers & Partners
Jennifer has a flourishing practice in both family and property law. She combines in-depth legal analysis with realistic advice. Her sensitive and tenacious approach is welcomed by all her clients, ranging from social landlords to divorcing couples. She is a skilled negotiator who frequently assists clients to reach successful settlement.
Jennifer is a former member of the housing team at Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, where she was identified as a leading individual in the field of social housing.
Jennifer Moate advises and represents clients in the following areas:
- Financial remedies upon divorce, from first appointment to final hearing
- Interim applications including maintenance pending suit
- Co-habitant disputes and other TLATA 1966 applications
- Applications under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Defendants) Act 1975
- Private Children Act 1989 matters including child arrangement applications, relocation, specific issue, parental responsibility and domestic violence
- Family Law Act claims including non-molestation and occupation orders
Jennifer is a qualified family mediator.
She conducts mediations on a wide range of family matters including divorce, financial settlement, children arrangements and extended family disputes. She is particularly adept at helping clients find creative solutions.
Jennifer has a broad experience of property matters. During her legal training she worked as a housing caseworker at Citizens Advice where she regularly advised on homelessness and judicial review applications. At Hodge Jones & Allen she acted for clients in property matters ranging from unlawful eviction to disrepair. Her practice areas include:
- Housing possession, disrepair and unlawful eviction
- Anti-social behaviour injunction
- Homelessness and housing allocations
- Mental health and disability discrimination
- Business tenancies and LVT disputes
Wadham College Oxford – English BA (Hons) (Oxon)
University of Westminster – Graduate Diploma in Law
BPP School of Law – BVC (Outstanding)
Jennifer was a founder member of Junior HLPA (Housing Law Practitioners’ Association)
She is a current member of the following:
– Family Law Bar Association (FLBA)
– Child Abduction Lawyers Association (CALA)