- Called: 2000
"An excellent social housing barrister and a tough advocate." "Sensible, very effective and not someone to be brow-beaten.”
Chambers & Partners 2017
Prior to becoming a barrister, Jane was an officer in the Royal Navy when she gained valuable experience of working under pressure. Her practical approach to problem solving coupled with her calm and sensitive manner make her ideally suited to dealing with vulnerable clients. She is also highly sought after by landlords seeking pragmatic solutions to difficult cases.
Jane has a broad housing/landlord and tenant practice with considerable experience in the following areas: anti-social behaviour, homelessness, security of tenure and succession rights, disrepair and unlawful eviction. Jane’s practice also covers: service charge disputes, boundary disputes, rights of way and trusts of land cases.
Jane is a direct access barrister (she is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public).
“A force to be reckoned with in court.” “She’s very personable and happy to field any follow-up questions if you have them.”
Chambers & Partners 2018
“An excellent social housing barrister and a tough advocate.” “Sensible, very effective and not someone to be brow-beaten.”
Chambers and Partners 2017
“A solid performer”, “She really knows her homelessness case and her skeletons are excellent” and “Clients are very happy with her.”
Chambers & Partners 2016
- R (on the application of Faizi) v Brent London Borough Council  EWHC 2449 (Admin)
- James v Chircop Queen’s Bench Division, 29 October 2014 (unreported).
- Holden & Co LLP v Eastborne BC  EWHC 2306 (QB).
- Soor v LB Redbridge  EWHC 1239 (Admin);  RVR 129 (see www.bailii.org).
- ZN, BB, JHS v LB Redbridge (HB)  UKUT 0503 (AAC).
- R (on the application of (1) Kelly (2) Mehari (3) JI) v Birmingham City Council  EWHC 3240 (Admin) (see www.bailii.org).
- Accent Peerless Ltd v (1) Patricia Kingsdon (2) Karen Kingsdon  EWCA Civ 1314 (see www.bailii.org).
- Abdi v London Borough of Barnet; Ismail v London Borough of Barnet  EWCA Civ 383 (see www.bailii.org).
- BSc(Hons) Combined Studies in Science (Trent Polytechnic, Nottingham) (1987)
- Post Graduate Diploma (Law) (Merit) (UWE) (1999)
- Post Graduate Diploma (Bar Vocational Studies)(Very Competent) (UWE) (2000)
Jane Hodgson is a member of the following professional organisations:
Jane Hodgson was the co-author of the following publications:
- Harassment and Anti-social Behaviour title of Atkin’s Court Forms (2nd Ed), Vol 21 (2006 issue);
- Dealing with Nuisance Neighbours (Lawpack for Tesco’s online legal store 2004).