- Called: 2014
Daniel joined Five Paper in October 2017 after successfully completing his pupillage.
Prior to commencing pupillage at Five Paper, Daniel gained considerable advocacy experience in the county court by taking instructions as a solicitors’ agent. Daniel also represented clients in a pro-bono capacity in employment tribunal trials and represented the families of children excluded from school before Independent Appeal Panels.
Since July 2017, Daniel has been seconded for two days per week to the in-house Housing Litigation Team of a large Local Authority. Daniel’s experience has given him a valuable insight into the numerous, and often challenging, decisions that solicitors make from pre-action correspondence through to trial.
Daniel has experienced a broad range of housing law and regularly appears for landlords and tenants in possession claims relating to rent arrears, anti-social behaviour, disrepair and succession. Daniel also has experience in:
- Access injunction applications;
- Anti-social behaviour injunction applications;
- Gas injunction applications;
- Applications to set aside possession orders;
- Applications to suspend warrants of eviction;
- Applications to set aside default judgment;
- Applications for summary judgment;
- Mortgage possession hearings;
- Infant settlement hearings;
- Environmental Protection Act prosecution hearings;
- Equality Act prosecution hearings;
- Applications to remove unauthorised occupiers.
BPTC Very Competent (91% in narrative advocacy – 3rd in Year)
GDL Distinction (78% in Land Law)
History BA Hons at the University of York First Class
Hardwicke Award Lincoln’s Inn
Levitt Scholarship Lincoln’s Inn